Helping your client invest their money is hugely rewarding, but as with any investment, there are some important things you need to know about our ISA:
- This is a stock and shares ISA.
- This is a non-profit plan which invests in our unit-linked ISA funds.
- Clients will not be eligible to participate in any of our distributions available to with-profits policyholders. For example, they will not be eligible to receive a mutual bonus.
- Clients’ investments may go down as well as up, and they could get back less than invested.
- Whilst there is no minimum or fixed term, our ISA is designed to provide steady growth for a period of at least five years and ideally longer.
- Our smoothing mechanism doesn’t mean investments won’t drop in value. Smoothing will not prevent losses in longer term falling markets.
- If clients select the ISA Cautious Fund and wish to take out a guarantee, they will need to be aware of our associated terms and charges.
- In exceptional market conditions (when the underlying price is 80% of the averaged/'smoothed' price) the fund will be valued on the underlying price. We also reserve the right to do this at other times.
- By investing in the LV= ISA, your client’s investment is 100% protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme with no upper limit.